Undergraduate Student Employment, Retail Locations
Housing and Dining Services invites you to apply for what could be the best college job you will ever have! We're always accepting applications for our retail establishments.
Cornerstone Coffee & Bakery at Wefald Hall
Applicants who wish to work at Cornerstone must have strong customer service skills and preferably some knowledge of barista duties or baking. This location is open from 6:45 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Overtime in Kramer Dining Center is a fun, casual and popular spot for students to gather during evening hours. This location serves meals after the dining centers close, so we're looking for students who are able to work evening business hours. Prior experience and knowledge of food handling and preparation is preferred but not required. Overtime is open daily 7:30-11 p.m.
As a member of the Quik Cats team, you may find yourself checking in orders, stocking shelves, making cash register transactions, preparing pizza and more. Quik Cats stores are open weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 1 a.m., and weekends from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m., so shifts will vary based on availability and course schedules.
Apply online or turn in your completed application to any Quik Cats location. If you have questions about these positions, please contact Miguel at 532-2287 or 532-7153. Apply early! These positions fill up quickly.
(Quik Cats, JP's Sports Grill and Cornerstone Coffee & Bakery)
Jardine Marketplace employs a variety of student employees — and we're serious about recruiting students who are outgoing, fun, energetic and eager to provide exemplary customer service. Employment with us requires the ability to work independently. Applicants for Cornerstone Coffee & Bakery must have some knowledge of barista or baking, and those who wish to work at JP's Sports Grill need knowledge of food preparation, bartending or serving. Prior experience is preferred, but not required. These positions fill up fast, so apply early!
Dining Center Jobs
- Assist full-time production staff to prepare meals.
- Prior knowledge of food production equipment, techniques, and methods are not required, but are preferred.
- Prepare cafeteria lines and display cooking stations for meal service.
- Serve menu items to customers.
- Swipe student meal cards as they enter the dining facility.
- Prior customer service experience is not required, just a friendly attitude and a willingness to work hard!
- General custodial and dishroom duties such as removing used service ware from trays, loading the dish machines, and sweeping and mopping.
- No prior experience is necessary.
- Check in daily orders.
- Rotate and stock food products as directed by storekeeper.
- General storeroom custodial tasks.
- No prior experience necessary.
Limited positions available.
- Assist full-time production staff in bakery product production.
- Friendly attitude and willingness to work hard
- Prior knowledge of baking and/or cake decorating not required, but preferred
Limited positions available.
Benefits for Student Employees
of our Retail and Dining Operations
- A safe, friendly and convenient on-campus location.
- Above minimum-wage pay. Starting salary is $8/hour.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate your classes.
- Holidays and bowl games off (some exceptions apply).
- Discounted meals prices for off-campus student employees.
- A great place to meet people, make lifelong friends, and develop the teamwork skills that post-college employers seek.
- Leadership opportunities and great resumé-building experiences.
- Fun required! You will be part of an award-winning team working side by side with other students in an energetic and fast-paced environment.
Apply online, or turn in your completed application to a manager at the dining center at which you wish to work.
For answers to specific employment questions, please contact one of the following: