Computer and Internet Help
Welcome to the Residential Networking (ResNet) Help Desk
We are the technical support help desk for students living in the residence halls and Jardine Apartments at K-State. Our goal is to make your technology experience throughout the school year as smooth and seamless as possible. We can assist you with network registration, connection issues, computer virus removal, and general technical support for your computer, mobile device, printer or gaming device.
ResNet Help Desk
ResNet Help Desk Hours
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 1 to 5 p.m.
Network Registration Update for Fall 2016
Make the K-State network registration process go faster by preparing your computer for network access before you arrive. Network registration is necessary to help ensure that both your computer and the K-State network remain secure. You can prepare your computer from any off-campus location by completing the outlined steps on our registration page on the computer you plan to bring this fall.
Recommendations for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
- Game Consoles: The Xbox One generally does not work on campus for multiplayer gaming, and there is no easy fix for this. We recommend the Playstation Four, which has had very few problems.
- Screen-casting and screen-sharing devices generally do not work over the campus network. Examples include Apple TV screen-sharing and the Google Chromecast. Smart TVs and media streamers (such as the Roku boxes) generally work over wired ethernet for Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Spotify, etc., but not for screen-casting. Wireless media streaming can be a problem, so be sure to select a media streamer that has an Ethernet connection.
- Do NOT bring a wireless router!
- Wireless-capable printers will not work on wireless, so bring a USB cable to hook one up.
- Do not buy Microsoft Office! This is already free for students. Learn how to install.
If you are encountering problems, visit our Online Help Site at and submit a service request. Before entering a ticket, please refer to the FAQs and Troubleshooting page on our website, as solutions to many common problems have already been posted.
Papercut Printing for PC and Mac
Refer to the How-Tos for instructions to connect your computer to the campus printers.