About Housing and Dining Services
Housing and Dining Services is a self-operated auxiliary department with five functional areas: business operations, facilities management, dining services, apartment living and residence life. It is the largest administrative unit in the Division of Student Life.
Ninety percent of K-State students choose organized group living their freshman year.
Why choose on-campus living? This "home away from home" meets more than the basic needs of students living with us — we provide affordable, safe and engaging accommodations for our residents, while finding unique ways to support them in their academic pursuits. We've worked hard to create an environment that fosters diversity, leadership, academic success and personal growth.
Housing and Dining Services offers:
- Three dining centers, ten residence halls, a female leadership/scholarship house, an honors house and a large apartment community that provide many opportunities to meet new friends and be part of a dynamic and supportive community
- An award-winning dining program that offers several meal plans and menu options
- Many retail establishments, including convenience stores, three restaurants, a bakery and two coffee shops
- Fun activities and leadership programs that help students get involved and stay connected
- A student success center where students can get free tutoring, computer/printer access and more