Housing and Dining Services
Welcome to the Department of Housing and Dining Services at Kansas State University!
Fall 2021 Residence Hall Move-In Dates and Process
- On move-in day, prior to students moving into their residence hall, students must participate in COVID-19 entry testing. Students who have been fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 may choose to opt out of this entry testing requirement by voluntarily self-reporting their full vaccination status to K-State's Lafene Health Center.
- The residence halls will open for early fall semester occupancy starting at 9 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 15.
- Students will complete the online check-in form to reserve a specific move-in day and time.
- Early arrival fees will not be charged for students moving in Aug. 15 or later. Meals for move-in week will begin with breakfast at Kramer Dining Center on Aug. 16.
- Resident contracts will officially begin on Saturday, Aug. 21, or when a student checks in, whichever occurs first.
- More detailed information about the logistics, safety protocols, traffic flow and parking of the move-in process will be sent to residents a couple weeks prior to Move-In.
K-State requiring first-year Manhattan campus students to live on campus beginning fall 2022
To contribute to student success, first-year students on Kansas State University's Manhattan campus will be required to live on campus during their first two semesters beginning in fall 2022.
"National research and an analysis of university-specific data both show a statistically significant difference in the first-year retention rate and cumulative first-year grade point average between students who lived on campus versus students who lived off campus," said Thomas Lane, K-State vice president for student life and dean of students. "K-State first-year, full-time students living on campus average higher GPAs, stay in school in higher numbers and graduate faster."
Students may apply for an exemption to the policy. Additional information on eligible exemptions is available. The exemptions application process will go live in December.
Housing and Dining Services App
We're here to answer your questions. Call us at 785-532-6453 or email email@example.com.