Housing and Dining Services
The staff of K-State Housing and Dining Services welcomes you to our campus community. We are committed to providing a positive experience that enhances your education and connects you to the university. As you can imagine, the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged us to find new ways to provide this experience while safeguarding the health of our residents and staff.
As we prepare to open our residence halls and dining centers for the fall 2020 semester, we have revised our policies and procedures to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19, including reducing housing density, staggering the move-in schedule to reduce the size of gatherings, adding conduct standards and protocols for residents, modifying dining operations, and enhancing sanitation and cleaning in residence halls, dining centers and other shared spaces.
Fall 2020 Residence Hall Update
On June 9, the university announced residence hall and dining center updates for the fall 2020 semester. Students with active residence hall contracts received an email on June 17 to further clarify the details of their housing assignment. Students must complete the necessary action steps outlined in the email to solidify their housing assignment for the fall semester.
Residence Hall Handbook and Calendar
Cancellation Deadline Extended
Move-In Dates and Process
- The residence halls will open for early fall semester occupancy starting at 9 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 9.
- Students will complete the online check-in form to reserve a specific move-in day and time.
- Time slots will be available between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. each day with a limited number of students per slot.
- Early arrival fees will not be charged for students moving in Aug. 9 or later. Meals for move-in week will begin with breakfast on Aug. 10.
- Resident contracts will officially begin on Thursday, Aug. 13, or when a student checks in, whichever occurs first.
- More detailed information about the logistics, safety protocols, traffic flow and parking of the move-in process will be sent to residents a couple weeks prior to Move-In.
Jardine Apartments Update
The Jardine Apartments Handbook has been updated to include important policies and procedures, including specific changes related to COVID-19. Residents are responsible for adhering to the terms of the handbook, including the procedures specific to COVID-19. The updated calendar with important dates is included in the handbook as well.
If you're preparing to move to Jardine soon, there are several things you can do now to make the process easier.
Dining on Campus
- Students can eat at Kramer or Derby dining centers.
- Employee wellness self-check screenings prior to entering the workplace. Staff displaying COVID-19 symptoms will not work.
- Masks on everyone entering the dining center.
- Gloved hands whenever serving food.
- Plexiglass shields where appropriate.
- Increased sanitation frequency of high-touch surfaces.
- High-efficiency equipment used daily to disinfect.
- Hand sanitizer in multiple locations, including entries and exits and near high-touch areas.
- Frequent handwashing.
- No self-service food bars. Food will be packaged and served for no-contact service.
- Reconfigured layouts.
- Contactless entry (students will swipe their own ID card).
- Food will be served as take-out in disposable containers. Some scheduled dine-in options will be available to students through student living staff.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we make the necessary adjustments to continue providing K-State students with the accommodations and services that make our communities such a great home away from home. And as always, we're here to help. If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-6453.