Housing and Dining Services
Room Selection for the 2022-2023 Academic Year
It's almost here! Room selection for incoming residents will begin soon. To view your room selection date and time, log into the Resident Portal. Below your contract information, you will see the date and time you may begin the room selection process. When you are able to select, your selection date and time will become a link to begin the selection process.
Our April 12 webinar took students and families through the process and answered our most frequently asked questions.
Before you begin the selection process:
- Coming soon! Starting Monday, April 25, you will be able to select the “Inventory” link in the Resident Portal to see which rooms are still available for selection.
- Complete this worksheet to help finalize your preferences.
Please also confirm:
- All roommates have completed the contract and are mutually confirmed.
- All roommates agree on one group leader who will make the room selection for all confirmed roommates.
- All roommates agree on hall and room type preferences and the costs associated with each.
Residence Hall Contract Currently Available: How to Proceed
If you're not currently living in one of our communities but would like to sign up for the 2022-2023 academic year housing in one of our residence halls, please follow the steps outlined below. (Students must be admitted to the university with a verified K-State eID to complete these.)
First, review the contract webinar below that walked through accessing and filling out the housing contract for new, incoming students. We also recommend that you review the contract terms and conditions (PDF) before signing.
- The residence hall contract is available to complete now through July 1, 2022. Students can complete the contract and submit the minimum $230 contract payment. This amount consists of a $30 non-refundable processing fee and a refundable $200 initial payment.
- Contracts will not be processed or considered complete until the initial payment is made. A verified K-State eID and password is required to complete this process.
If you have questions or concerns about the contract payment, please contact the Housing and Dining Services office for assistance.
- The date and time a student completes the residence hall contract will determine their place in line for the room selection process in May.
- Residents who are enrolled in a Residential CAT Community will begin to choose their living experience mid-April.
- All other new residents will begin to choose their living experience in May. Notification with your selection date and time will be sent to your K-State email in early April.
- July 1, 2022 is the last date to make changes to in the Resident Portal.
K-State requiring first-year Manhattan campus students to live on campus beginning fall 2022
To contribute to student success, first-year students on Kansas State University's Manhattan campus will be required to live on campus during their first two semesters beginning in fall 2022.
"National research and an analysis of university-specific data both show a statistically significant difference in the first-year retention rate and cumulative first-year grade point average between students who lived on campus versus students who lived off campus," said Thomas Lane, K-State vice president for student life and dean of students. "K-State first-year, full-time students living on campus average higher GPAs, stay in school in higher numbers and graduate faster."
Students may apply for an exemption to the policy. Additional information on eligible exemptions is available. The exemptions application process will go live in December.
Housing and Dining Services App
We're here to answer your questions. Call us at 785-532-6453 or email email@example.com.