Housing and Dining Services
Campus Living at K-State: Among the Best Nationwide
Once again, Housing and Dining Services finds itself among the top 20 schools in The Princeton Review's 2020 edition of "Best 385 Colleges," best residence halls category. Thanks so much to our hardworking staff, who make campus living at K-State such a great choice!
Read the report for the many other categories in which our university placed.
October in the HDS Community
Interested in Living on Campus at K-State? (New Residents)
If you're not currently living in one of our communities but would like to sign up for 2020-2021 academic year housing in one of our residence halls, please follow these steps. (Students must be admitted to the university with a verified K-State eID to complete these.)
Optional: Complete the Housing Information Request Form*
- This is available in the Resident Portal beginning Sept. 15 and can be completed at any time. No payment is required.
- The single purpose of the Housing Information Request Form is to notify Housing and Dining Services that you would like to receive more information about the residence hall contract process that will begin in December.
*When the contract becomes available in December, this form will no longer be needed and will not be shown as an option in the Resident Portal.
Step 1: Complete the Residence Hall Contract
- The residence hall contract will be available to complete beginning at 3 p.m. Dec. 5, 2019. Students can then complete the contract and submit the minimum $230 contract payment. This amount consists of a $30 non-refundable processing fee and a refundable $200 initial payment.
- Contracts will not be processed or considered complete until the initial payment is made. A verified K-State eID and password is required to complete this process.
If you have questions or concerns about the contract payment, please contact the Housing and Dining Services office for assistance.
- The date and time a student completes the residence hall contract will determine their place in line for the room selection process in May.
Step 2: Explore Your Options
- Learn more about the options available to you and calculate your total room and board expenses in our Explore Your Options worksheet.
- You can compare costs at a glance with our residence hall cost sheet.
Step 3: Choose your Living Experience
- Residents who are enrolled in a Residential CAT Community will begin to choose their living experience April 15.
- All other new residents will begin to choose their living experience in May. Notification with your selection date and time will be sent to your K-State email in early April.
Already Live Here and Wish to Return for 2020-2021?
If you're loving your campus home-away-from-home and want to reserve your space (or another space) for the 2020-2021 academic year, the Choose Your Experience process is coming up. Watch your email in October for more information — we'll send details in the HDS newsletter as well as in a separate message. Your RA and community coordinators will also be working to ensure you understand the process and timeline.
As always, we're here to answer your questions. Call us at 785-532-6453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's Going on at The Derb?
Derby community residents have no doubt noticed that the Derb is under construction. The good news is that we're about to have a remodeled dining center — exciting! The bad news is this process will inevitably create some inconveniences, but we're working hard at minimizing those. Derby will continue to serve meals to students during the renovation, though certain lines and menu concepts may be limited and pathways to and through the dining center may change as progress is made.
You can follow the latest developments and see what Derby will look like when finished on our construction updates page.