Resident Assistant (RA) Hiring
Apply To Be a Resident Assistant
The Department of Housing and Dining Services is hiring resident assistants for the 2021-2022 academic year.
RAs receive free room and board, a free meal plan and gain great leadership experience that is applicable to a variety of post-college careers. The main responsibilities of the position are to serve residents, help foster a welcoming community environment, and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
To learn more about the position, we strongly encourage you to attend one of our info sessions below:
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 11 a.m. | Tallgrass Ballroom, Kramer
- Thursday, Oct. 15, 4 p.m. | Tallgrass Ballroom, Kramer
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 7 p.m. | Tallgrass Ballroom, Kramer
- Wednesday, Oct. 21, 4 p.m. | Frith Community Center, Jardine Apartments
- Monday, Oct. 26, 6 p.m. | Tallgrass Ballroom, Kramer
- Wednesday, Nov. 4, 9 a.m. | Frith Community Center, Jardine Apartments
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 7 p.m. | Frith Community Center, Jardine Apartments
- Friday, Nov. 13, 11 a.m. | Tallgrass Ballroom, Kramer
- Monday, Dec. 1, 1 p.m. | Tallgrass Ballroom, Kramer
You can also attend virtually via Zoom at your chosen time. Personal Meeting ID: 986 6062 6153.
Apply for the RA position for the 2021-2022 academic year by completing the application. The application closes at 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 11, 2020. In addition, if you are interested in being hired for the spring 2021 semester, you must complete the application by Nov. 19, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Next, students will participate in an on-campus leadership workshop during the first three to four weeks of the spring 2021 semester. The workshop covers the topics of leadership, identity, campus resources, and diversity and inclusion. Students must successfully complete the workshop to be offered an interview.
The interview process will take place after completing the workshop and will consist of 30-minute interviews with a combination of senior staff members and current resident assistants.
Individuals must have a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA and have been a K-State student for at least one semester upon beginning the position.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. We hope you'll consider joining our team and becoming a positive mentor in the lives of on-campus residents!