Undergraduate Student Employment, Dining Operations
Housing and Dining Services invites you to apply for what could be the best college job you will ever have! We're always accepting applications for our dining facilities.
Benefits for Student Employees of our Dining Operations
- Consistent scheduling and flexible hours to accommodate your classes.
- Laundry money and five bonus/guest meals for students who live on-campus.
- Free meals for students who live off campus.
- Bonuses for referring your friends to work.
- No long hours and no overnight shifts required.
- You will only work eight weekend shifts per semester.
- Work-study positions pay above minimum-wage.
- Valuable skills for your career! You will have the opportunity to work with customers through face-to-face interactions and improve your customer service, time management and teamwork skills.
- Positive, supportive work environment with great people.
Dining Services Student Employee Positions
A vast majority of our students start work in multiple areas throughout our dining centers. No prior experience is needed. Highlighted below are opportunities in specific areas of our dining centers.
- Test out your best culinary skills!
- Work along-side our cooks and chefs to prepare meals.
- No worries if you don't know how to cook yet. We'll teach you!
- Make new friends!
- Practice your best customer services skills while working alongside all of your new friends.
- Learn about new foods and recipes as you serve food to customers in our dining centers.
- Great for students who prefer to work a little more independently.
- Less customer contact as you help ensure we have the cleanest dishes around.
- Some students tell us that this area has the best music!
Storeroom (positions can be limited)
- If you like check lists and organization, this is the job for you!
- These students help keep all of our supplies in stock and ready for cooks.
The Bakery (positions can be limited)
- Enjoy decorating baked goods or the fabulous aroma of fresh baked bread?
- Work alongside our bakers as they prepare items like cookies, pizza dough, cake and more!
- Make sure to let us know if you have experience in decorating!