UMR-ACUHO Regional Conference
Housing and Dining Services staff present, receive awards at regional conference
Nov. 12, 2014 — Kansas State University was well represented by Housing and Dining Services staff at the Upper Midwest Region-Association of College and University Housing Officers annual conference, which took place Nov. 5-7 in Coralville, Iowa.
The conference, now in its 45th year, was hosted by the University of Iowa and featured numerous K-State presenters and award recipients. Housing and Dining Services recognizes each for a job well done, with special congratulations to Christina Hurtado, area coordinator for student development, who began her term as the association's president. She will lead until October 2015.
• "Left Behind: What Happens When Your Supervisor Leaves," presented by Nicole Meulemans, assistant coordinator for apartment living, and Theresa Luensmann, assistant residence life coordinator.
• "Navigating Institutional Culture: Take the Wheel of Your Search," presented by Andrew Beck, assistant coordinator for departmental initiatives, and Alyssa Lipsiea, graduate assistant at the University of Iowa
• "Co-Authoring Stories of Inclusion," presented by Christina Hurtado, area coordinator for student development, and Samantha Hyland, assistant residence life coordinator.
• "700 Days of Stories," presented by assistant residence life coordinators Samantha Hyland, Cal Boren and Jamie Herrygers.
• "Balancing Family Life and Your Work: A Round Table," presented by Nick Lander, assistant director for residence life.
Staff receiving recognition include:
• Outstanding New Professional-Masters Level: Brooks Hetle, residence life coordinator
• Support Staff Recognition Award: Kramer Dining Center staff
• Frank J. Traver President's Scholarship: Samantha Hyland, assistant residence life coordinator
• Case Study Competition winner: Samantha Hyland, assistant residence life coordinator
• Research Grant recipient: Kevin Cook, assistant director for departmental initiatives