Apply For Residence Hall Space
How to Sign Up for Housing in the Residence Halls
If you've browsed through the many residence hall living options available to K-State students and wish to sign up, you're in the correct place. The contract process is easy — just follow the directions below. To learn more, please review the information contained in the above link or contact us.
New Resident Housing Contract Process
If you're not currently living in one of our communities but would like to sign up for 2021-2022 academic year housing in one of our residence halls, please follow these steps. (Students must be admitted to the university with a verified K-State eID to complete these.)
Optional: Complete the Housing Information Request Form*
- This is available in the Resident Portal beginning Sept. 15 and can be completed at any time. No payment is required.
- The single purpose of the Housing Information Request Form is to notify Housing and Dining Services that you would like to receive more information about the residence hall contract process that will begin in December.
*When the contract becomes available in December, this form will no longer be needed and will not be shown as an option in the Resident Portal.
Step 1: Complete the Residence Hall Contract
- The residence hall contract will be available to complete beginning at 3 p.m. Dec. 7, 2020. Students can then complete the contract and submit the minimum $230 contract payment. This amount consists of a $30 non-refundable processing fee and a refundable $200 initial payment.
- Contracts will not be processed or considered complete until the initial payment is made. A verified K-State eID and password is required to complete this process.
If you have questions or concerns about the contract payment, please contact the Housing and Dining Services office for assistance.
- The date and time a student completes the residence hall contract will determine their place in line for the room selection process in May.
Step 2: Explore Your Options
- Learn more about the options available to you and calculate your total room and board expenses in our Explore Your Options worksheet.
- You can compare costs at a glance with our residence hall cost sheet.
Step 3: Choose your Living Experience
- Residents who are enrolled in a Residential CAT Community will begin to choose their living experience April 15.
- All other new residents will begin to choose their living experience in May. Notification with your selection date and time will be sent to your K-State email in early April.
Returning to the Residence Halls?
Current residents who wish to return to their space or another on-campus living space for another academic year may reserve that space via the Choose Your Experience process that takes place in January and February. Watch for information regarding this process during the fall semester.
Looking for Summer Housing?
Housing for students who are completing summer classes is available as well.