Housing and Dining Services
Where Will You Live Next Year? Choose Your Experience Now
If you're a current resident, now is the time to secure on-campus housing for the 2016-2017 academic year. This year, Housing and Dining Services is rolling out a new system for choosing a living space with us, and that's not the only major change!
- Wefald Hall will be added to the list of options.
- There's a new traditional-private room type that has bathrooms with increased privacy.
- There's no occupancy limit: freshman or senior — you can live in the halls.
- West Hall will no longer offer university break housing. Wefald Hall will offer this option, however.
- The top floors of West and Marlatt halls will be available only to students 19 years of age or older.
- Dining Centers will remain open throughout the day.
- An All-Access Meal Plan will be available.
- Meal plan options have changed in general.
Do not wait, or you'll lose your chance!
Become an RA
Fall and Winter Breaks
Fall and winter breaks will be here before you know it! As you're planning, please keep the dates below in mind.
- Sunday, Nov. 22: The residence halls/LC at Jardine will close at 10 a.m. Brunch on Saturday, Nov. 21 at Derby Dining Center only, will be the last meal served at the dining centers. (Van Zile closes after lunch on Friday, Nov. 20, and Kramer closes after dinner on Friday, Nov. 20.)
- Sunday, Nov. 29: The residence halls/LC at Jardine will open at 1 p.m. Meals begin with breakfast on Monday, Nov. 30.
- Saturday, Dec. 19: Residence halls/LC at Jardine close at noon. The evening meal on Friday, Dec. 18, will be the last meal served (Derby and Kramer dining centers).
- Thursday, Jan. 14: Residence halls open for early spring semester occupancy at 10 a.m. Students moving into the residence halls prior to Jan. 17 will be charged a $40 per day fee that covers housing and most meals. Meals for early arrivals will begin with lunch on Jan. 14.
- Sunday, Jan. 17: Residence halls officially open for spring semester at 10 a.m. The first meal served will be breakfast at Derby and Kramer dining centers on Monday, Jan. 18.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19: First day of classes.