Housing and Dining Services
Complete or view your residence hall contract
or Jardine agreement.
New Residence Hall and Living Community Residents
Room and roommate assignments will begin to arrive in your K-State email inbox in early July. In the meantime, you can prepare for your move by reviewing the Resource Guide for Families. It contains lots of helpful information about what (and what not) to bring, important dates to remember and more.
Important Reminders Regarding Your Housing Contract
- Need to make changes to your contract preferences? If you would like to make a change to any of your contract preferences — such as residence hall, room type or roommate — you may edit your contract in the student portal on or before June 1. Changes received after June 1 will be very difficult to accommodate.
- Do you need to cancel your contract? If you have decided you no longer want to live on campus at K-State, you may cancel your housing contract by completing the cancellation form using your K-State eID and password. Your cancellation must be submitted online or postmarked by June 1 to receive a full refund of your initial contract payment. Cancellations postmarked after June 1 are subject to a $200 cancellation fee. Cancellations after Aug. 16 are subject to additional fees depending on your move-in date. Please review your contract for details regarding other cancellation policies and deadlines.
- Did you and your preferred roommate(s) preference the same halls and room types? Do you have a specific roommate or roommates you want to live with? We encourage you to contact each other and make sure all of your hall and room type preferences are listed in the same order to match exactly. If your preferences do not match, you may not get assigned to your preferred hall or room type. A quick check of all of our roommate matches show many students' preferences do not match with their preferred roommates'. Please edit your preferences on or before June 1. Also, it is a good idea to make sure your preferred roommates have completed their contracts. Students who complete contracts after June 1 are unlikely to be matched with their roommate preferences.
The Fall 2015 Contract is Available
If you are new to the on-campus housing community and have completed an application to live in one of our on-campus residences, the contract is now available for you to complete. Here are the next steps to officially preference your space.
- Access the contract. You will need your K-State eID and password.
- Indicate your preferences and submit the $400 payment. (It is refundable until June 1.)
- Watch for the email confirmation notifying you that your contract is complete.
Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis and are determined by the day your completed contract and payment are received. You can make changes to your hall, room type and roommate preferences online until June 1, 2015.
Now is a good time to consider turning your living experience into a living-learning experience. Residential CAT Communities provide an added opportunity for first-year students to connect with others who share their academic interests by placing them in the same residence hall. Read more.
Should you have questions, contact us at 785-532-6453 or
Current residents: The RSVP reservation process for the 2015-2016 academic year concluded March 1. If you wish to live on campus again next year but missed the opportunity to secure a space, please contact Housing and Dining Services to review available options.