Housing and Dining Services
Watch the Alamo Bowl at JP's Sports Grill
JP’s Sports Grill will be open for the Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2 from 4 to 10 p.m., with a great wing special as well as free chips and salsa with the purchase of any entrée. Come watch the 'Cats take on UCLA!
Important Reminders Regarding Winter Break
Winter break will be here before you know it! Here are the details so you can plan ahead:
- Saturday, Dec. 20: Residence halls close at noon. The evening meal on Friday, Dec. 19, will be the last meal served (Derby and Kramer dining centers).
- Limited meal service will be available at Derby Dining Center during winter break session two.
- Thursday, Jan. 15: Residence halls open for early spring semester occupancy at 10 a.m. Students moving into the residence halls prior to Jan. 18 will be charged a daily fee that covers housing and most meals. Meals for early arrivals will begin with lunch on Jan. 15.
- Sunday, Jan. 18: Residence halls officially open for spring semester at 10 a.m. The first meal served will be breakfast at Derby and Kramer dining centers on Monday, Jan. 19. Tuesday, Jan. 20, is the first day of classes.
Go to our Marketplace page to find break hours for our retail locations such as Quik Cats and JP's Sports Grill at Jardine Marketplace.
Want to Live on Campus Next Year?
If you're currently living in one our residence halls, the Living Community at Jardine or in Jardine Apartments and want to live on campus again next year, be ready to RSVP. The process starts Jan. 22 and ends Feb 13.
The Fall 2015 Contract is Available
If you are new to the on-campus housing community and have completed an application to live in one of our on-campus residences, the contract is now available for you to complete. Here are the next steps to officially preference your space.
- Access the contract. You will need your K-State eID and password.
- Indicate your preferences and submit the $400 payment. (It is refundable until June 1.)
- Watch for the email confirmation notifying you that your contract is complete.
Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis and are determined by the day your completed contract and payment are received. You can make changes to your hall, room type and roommate preferences online until June 1, 2015.
Now is a good time to consider turning your living experience into a living-learning experience. Residential CAT Communities provide an added opportunity for first-year students to connect with others who share their academic interests by placing them in the same residence hall. Read more.
Should you have questions, contact us at 785-532-6453 or