Housing and Dining Services
Important Reminders Regarding Fall and Winter Break
The residence halls will close at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 22. Dinner on Friday, Nov. 21, will be the last meal served at the dining centers (Van Zile closes after lunch, but Strong Community residents may eat at Derby).
The halls will reopen for occupancy at 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 28. This is not the date listed in your residence hall calendar! The halls will open early to allow students to return for the Kansas State vs. Kansas football game Nov. 29.
Although the halls will open early, please note that breakfast on Monday, Dec. 1, will be the first meal served.
Go to our Marketplace page to find break hours for our retail locations such as Quik Cats and JP's Sports Grill at Jardine Marketplace.
Also, winter break will be here before you know it! Here are the details so you can plan ahead:
- Saturday, Dec. 20: Residence halls close at noon. The evening meal on Friday, Dec. 19, will be the last meal served (Derby and Kramer dining centers).
- Thursday, Jan. 15: Residence halls open for early spring semester occupancy at 10 a.m. Students moving into the residence halls prior to Jan. 18 will be charged a daily fee that covers housing and most meals. Meals for early arrivals will begin with lunch on Jan. 15.
- Sunday, Jan. 18: Residence halls officially open for spring semester at 10 a.m. The first meal served will be breakfast at Derby and Kramer dining centers on Monday, Jan. 19. Tuesday, Jan. 20, is the first day of classes.
Housing and Dining Services Staff Present, Receive Awards at Regional Conference
Kansas State University was well represented by Housing and Dining Services staff at the Upper Midwest Region-Association of College and University Housing Officers annual conference, which took place Nov. 5-7 in Coralville, Iowa.
The conference, now in its 45th year, was hosted by the University of Iowa and featured numerous K-State presenters and award recipients. Housing and Dining Services recognizes each for a job well done, with special congratulations to Christina Hurtado, area coordinator for student development, who began her term as the association's president. She will lead until October 2015.
The Fall 2015 Contract is Available
If you have completed an application to live in one of our on-campus residences, the contract is now available for you to complete. Here are the next steps to officially preference your space.
- Access the contract. You will need your K-State eID and password.
- Indicate your preferences and submit the $400 payment. (It is refundable until June 1.)
- Watch for the email confirmation notifying you that your contract is complete.
Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis and are determined by the day your completed contract and payment are received. You can make changes to your hall, room type and roommate preferences online until June 1, 2015.
Now is a good time to consider turning your living experience into a living-learning experience. Residential CAT Communities provide an added opportunity for first-year students to connect with others who share their academic interests by placing them in the same residence hall. Read more.
Should you have questions, contact us at 785-532-6453 or