Housing and Dining Services
RSVP Is Coming! Are You Ready?
RSVP is your chance to obtain housing on campus in either the residence halls/Living Community (LC) at Jardine or Jardine Apartments for the 2014-2015 academic year.
These spaces are in high demand, so please read the instructions on our
RSVP Web page closely to avoid missing out! RSVP starts in February, but we recommend that you review your options and complete the application now.
A series of info sessions will be conducted by staff to help you understand the process.
- Monday, Dec. 9; 6 p.m.; Kramer Dining Center 120
- Monday, Dec. 9; 8 p.m.; Jardine Frith Community Center
- Thursday, Dec. 12; 6 p.m.; Derby Dining Center 134
- Thursday, Dec. 12; 8 p.m.; Putnam Hall lobby
- Sunday, Jan. 26; 8 p.m.; Jardine Frith Community Center
- Monday, Jan. 27; 7 p.m.; Moore, Haymaker, Boyd, Marlatt
- Monday, Jan. 27; 8 p.m.; Ford, West, Putnam/Van Zile, Goodnow
"Find Your Home at Jardine" Sessions
- Phase 2: Thursday, Feb. 6; 8 p.m.; Frith Community Center
- Phase 3: Tuesday, Feb. 11 8 p.m.; Frith Community Center
You can also learn more about the process at one of our information tables, which will be located at all three dining centers during lunch and dinner on
Jan. 31, Feb. 4 and Feb. 11.
Holiday Dinner 2013
Prime rib and horseradish sauce dijon, Thai-style chicken breast, lasagna florentine, whipped potatoes and gravy, crescent rolls, creamed corn, Snickers cheesecake, ice cream and cookies … how can you resist?
This is just a small selection of the amazing holiday dinner dishes to be served at Derby, Kramer and Van Zile dining centers on Dec. 12, so join us as we savor the season and celebrate the end of an amazing semester!
Guests are welcome to dine with you for the special dinner price of $15. Please make reservations (and pay) for guests at your dining center's office by Wednesday, Dec. 11. Cash, check or Cat Cash only. Guest meals are not accepted for this dinner.
Closing and Opening Info for Residence Hall Students
If you're not staying in your room during Winter Break (see details below), please be sure to follow the instructions you receive from your RA about preparing your room for closing. There are certain things you must do before you leave. Failing to complete the steps may result in a $75 improper checkout fee.
If you're a residence hall or LC at Jardine student who did not select Winter Break housing on your housing contract, please keep these upcoming closing dates in mind. If you need to change your contract to include breaks, please come to the Housing and Dining Services office in the Pittman Building at least one week prior to the start of the break.
If you have signed up for break housing please note that no meals are served during Winter Break Session 1. Limited meal service is available during Winter Break Session 2.
- Buildings close at noon Saturday, Dec. 21.
- Buildings officially reopen at 10 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 19.
- Students may return early starting at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, for a daily $35 early arrival fee until official reopening on Sunday.
- The first meal for students who did not select Winter Break 2 housing or pay the early arrival fee as described above will be breakfast on Monday, Jan. 20.
Marketplace and Dining Center Hours
The hours of operation for our Marketplace locations and dining centers will change during finals week and Winter Break.