1. K-State home
  2. »Housing and Dining Services
  3. »Housing

Housing and Dining Services

Where Should I Live?

More than 5,000 students call our campus home. With ten residence halls, a large apartment community, one leadership/scholarship house for women and a house for honors students to choose from, we've got your housing needs covered.

In the Explore Your Options worksheet, you can shop around for the living and dining options that are right for you. Learn more about K-State Housing and Dining Services in the video below.



Kansas State University Student Living Mission
We will support students by engaging in collaborative relationships that encourage scholarship, community and self-discovery. By creating intentional environments of quality and care, we will enable students, faculty and staff to achieve excellence.

Residence Halls

We recommend that you live in a residence hall during your first one or two years at K-State for a number of compelling reasons. Just a few:

  • Studies have shown that students who live on campus receive better grades and are more likely to finish their degrees.
  • On-campus living provides an ideal environment in which to transition from home to school. Students have direct access to dining service, tutoring programs, on-site laundry facilities, leadership opportunities and more.
  • Living among fellow students provides opportunities to develop lifelong friendships.

If you're interested in Smurthwaite Leadership/Scholarship House or the Honors House, please indicate so as a preference on the residence hall application.

Some residence hall applicants are assigned to housing in our Living Community, which shares many of the residence hall benefits (plus a few of its own).

Residential CAT Communities

Residential CAT Communities provide an added opportunity for first-year students to connect with others who share their academic interests by placing them in the same residence hall. Like our other CAT Communities, about 22 first-year students take a group of classes together, but they live, eat, sleep, study, and socialize near each other as well! Learn more.


Jardine Apartments may be what you're looking for if:

  • You're a single, undergraduate student enrolled in your second year at K-State, or a student transferring from another institution of higher education with at least 30 earned credits.
  • You're a married student, with or without children.
  • You're a single parent with primary custody or regular visitation of children.
  • You're a single, nontraditional student (at least 25 years old).
  • You're a student conducting postdoctoral research.
  • You're a visiting scholar.

Stay protected. K-State will never ask for your password in an email. Any email that asks for your password is a scam. Delete it, even if it's from a K-State email address. Also, don't click on links in an email that you are not expecting.