Choose Your Experience: Live in the Residence Halls
The residence halls on campus provide an ideal living experience for students who seek a more community-focused environment. Residents have direct access to dining service, academic programs and resources, on-site laundry facilities and leadership opportunities. Plus:
- Studies confirm that students who live in a residence hall at K-State experience greater academic success.
- Classes and other campus resources are all within walking distance.
- The halls are locked 24 hours a day, with resident-only key-card entry.
- Living among fellow students provides opportunities to develop lifelong friendships.
Double as Single Rooms
We'll will offer a limited number of our double residence hall rooms as singles. In other words, a "double as single" room is a traditional two-person room for only one person. In order to live in one of these rooms, students must pay an additional fee for the right to guarantee that they will not get a roommate for the academic year. Note that even if you select this option, the policies on guests and visitation are still in place.
What do you want to do for next year?
Keep Your Current Room.
- Complete the application and pay the $30 application fee.
- Complete the contract (available Nov. 1) and submit the $400 down payment.
- Log in between Jan. 22 and Feb. 1 to pick your room, and you're done!
Select Another Residence Hall Room.
- Complete the application and pay the $30 fee.
- Complete the contract and submit the $400 down payment.
- Tuesday, Feb. 13, through Friday, Feb. 16, reserve a room in the Resident Portal beginning at 9 a.m. Your time is determined by the number of semesters that you have lived on campus with Housing and Dining Services.
6+ semesters: Feb. 12
4+ semesters: Feb. 13
2+ semesters: Feb. 14
Open call: Feb. 15; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Learn more and compare housing and dining options with the Explore Your Options worksheet.
Need a Roommate?
K-State Housing and Dining Services is pleased to partner with RoomSync to provide a roommate matching program for on-campus K-State students. RoomSync allows users to create a profile, then search for roommates until they find the right match.
Stay protected. K-State will never ask for your password in an email. Any email that asks for your password is a scam. Delete it, even if it's from a K-State email address. Also, don't click on links in an email that you are not expecting.
Call the help desk at 785-532-6453.
Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.