Smurthwaite Leadership/Scholarship House
Take a Tour
Tours represent the most common room types.
Additional floor plans are available.
2018 Important Dates
- Shadow Weekend: Feb. 24-25
- Smurthwaite applications due: March 17
- Smurthwaite on-campus interviews: April 21-22
- (The recruitment chairwoman will reach out to individuals with additional information after the Smurthwaite application deadline.)
- Acceptance letters: April 22 (An official letter from HDS will also be sent at a later date.)
Smurthwaite Eligibility and Requirements
Be an involved and responsible member of Smurthwaite Leadership/Scholarship House and K-State.
Attend the Smurthwaite women’s leadership retreat at the beginning of each semester.
Attend the mandatory kitchen training.
Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Join at least one student organization on the K-State campus.
Assist in arranging or presenting at least one educational program during the academic year.
Attend Smurthwaite-sponsored nonsocial programs.
Attend community or campus educational and/or cultural programs.
Be involved in at least four community-service learning projects per year, including the house philanthropy.
Complete kitchen and phone duty requirements.
Participate in fundraising projects for the house.
& Scholarship House
1500 N. Manhattan Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502
- Living area with TV
- Laundry facility
- Community kitchen and dining room
- Staff available 24 hours a day
Standard living options